Sunday 9 September 2012

Hanging Out With Fearne Cotton!


A while ago I entered a competition via the Very.co.uk Facebook page to win the chance to hang out with Fearne Cotton via webcam and chat about all things fashion and her new Very.co.uk winter collection.

On 5th September I received an e-mail saying that I had been selected to take part in #HangWithFearne the following day! I couldn’t believe it! I was going to be chatting with Fearne in less than 24hours!!!

So the day arrived and I was buzzing for 2.30pm to arrive. It took me absolutely ages to decide what to wear and I was so so excited!



At 2.30pm I logged onto my Google+ account ready for Very.co.uk to send me the hangout link. I had never used a hangout chat so I was very excited to see how it all worked. I then met the other successful girls and go to know the presenter. We were told the agenda and how the hangout would work etc. When Fearne came and sat infront of the camera we had a quick pre-broadcast chat about things such as babies and cake. She looked incredible and was so lovely.




At 3pm the hangout went live on the internet for fans to watch. I was so nervous, sat on my floor shaking and I still couldn’t believe that I had been lucky enough to get this amazing opportunity.

I was last to ask Fearne my questions, so I got listen to all the other girls ask their questions and Fearne’s replies. My turn arrived and just as I heard the presenter say my name, my internet cut out, the screen froze, and I couldn’t hear any sound. I started to panic!! I quickly managed to connect my internet again and finally ask Fearne a question, to which I got a lovely reply. I looked like such a fool as I was unsure whether they were able to see/hear me….but thankfully I was able to speak to Fearne, she listened, said my name and replied to my question….AMAZING!

Here is the hangout video:

I cannot thank Very.co.uk and Fearne Cotton enough for giving me this amazing opportunity! – 06/09/12, the day I spoke to Fearne Cotton, a day I will never forget! It was so lovely to virtually meet Fearne, the presenter and the other hangout girls. Congrats to Brianna and I hope she has an amazing time at Fearne’s London Fashion Week Show!










No comments:

Post a Comment