Tuesday 11 September 2012

Statement Collar Necklaces.


Seventies-inspired glam has been sweeping the 2012 fashion scene and I have noticed that one of the biggest jewellery trends on the international runways has been the statement collar necklace which fit closely around the neck, sitting on the collar bone. They come in different styles, some being slim and some being thick.
I recently purchased myself a statement collar necklace in the Accessorize sale. I wasn’t sure whether I could pull it off as it is very different to the necklaces I usually wear. However over time I realised that they are in fact actually quite easy to pull off! I tend to pair my collar necklace with a simple neckline, such as one-shoulder tops, vest tops and strapless tops, ie: on bare skin for a 'tribal' look.



I have noticed that many people layer a collar necklace with a collared shirt. I am yet to try this look but it seems to be this season’s trend!
I don’t recommend wearing a collar necklace with big bold earrings, as it can take away the focus from the necklace. Instead I have found that wearing big rings or cuff bracelets works well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment